Wednesday 12 February 2014

Business Reflection #3: Neknomination: Dangerous drinking game goes viral

Title: Neknomination: Dangerous drinking game goes viral
Link: http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/health/neknomination-dangerous-drinking-game-goes-viral/article/368551
Date: February 2nd,2014

Being a teenager, I strongly hate the stereotyping I get due to that fact but I'm starting to understand why it is that way. Neknomination is a new online game played by teenagers and young adults all over the world. The game is relatively simple. a person chugs as much alcohol as he or she can while doing something outrageous such as just haven bitten off the head of a chicken. After downing the alcohol, the person " nominates" or dares someone friend, family, ect. to drink more than they did and keep the game going. The drinking of course is filmed and uploaded to Facebook, twitter, YouTube or any popular websites. This dangerous drinking game is believed to have started in Australia and resulted in at least 1 death in Ireland.
      I as a teenager, think that this is absolutely absurd! I don't understand why people believe this is "cool" or feel like they have to do it cause they were " nominated". I personally, would never engage in this activity due to the simple fact that it has no point and it's dangerous. Is it really worth risking your life over a stupid dare? would you do it?

2 comments:

  1. This drinking game really concerns me. I have a teenage boy and I hope he wouldn't participate in something so outrageous. It's one thing to drink, get drunk and fall down, but bite the head off a chicken, like really! I remember the good ole days when we would play drinking games, but never anything this crazy. Definitely not worth risking your life for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is crazy! The first time I seen a video of this on facebook, I didn't know what it was and I thought it was just stupid. Now the last couple weeks I see it flooding facebook, and twitter and everywhere possible. I see that these "kids" are trying to get a laugh out of people and they think its funny to do, but I just don't see a point to it at all. different when you are going to a bar or someplace to drink but video tapping it and putting it all over the internet; I just cant wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete